The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County has immediate openings for Lifeguards.
Looking for a fun and exciting job? Consider a position with the Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics team.
M-NCPPC offers FREE* Lifeguard Training to prospective employees. Sign up for a Lifeguard Pre-Test today for only $10. M-NCPPC even offers Lifeguard Prep Swim Lessons for those who need to improve their swimming skills to help pass the Lifeguarding Pre-Test.
*If a participant takes a Department Lifeguarding class, does not pass, does not apply and/or get hired by M-NCPPC, they will have to pay the course fees.
Applicants must be 15 years of age to work for M-NCPPC. All you need to get started is a great work attitude and a completed Aquatics Employment Application. Search online for the positions listed below for which you are qualified. Please note that not all positions are advertised year-round.
- Assistant Pool Manager (Must be at least 18 years of age) – Earn up to $23.15 per hour
- Lifeguard – Earn up to $20.26 per hour
- Pool Manager (Must be at least 21 years of age) – Earn up to $25.47 per hour
- Shallow Water Lifeguard (Glenn Dale Splash Park/summer only) – Earn up to $18.75 per hour
- Swim Coach – Earn up to $26.00 per hour
- Swim Lesson Aide – Earn up to $21.42 per hour
- Swim Lesson Instructor – Earn up to $25.47 per hour
- Water Fitness Instructor (salary will depend on certification and experience)
M-NCPPC offers great benefits including:
- Flexible schedules
- Free uniforms
- On-site supervisors
- Paid training
- Year-round jobs and promotions
Certified Pool Operator Training