Affordable, Quality Care
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation strives to meet the childcare needs of families in Prince George’s County by offering fun, recreational programs at affordable prices; licensed by and operated under the guidelines of the Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care. With convenient locations throughout the county, these childcare facilities are staffed by caring, qualified people dedicated to creating a nurturing environment for every child.
- Our programs operate at select Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission sites during the school year for children ages 5-12. The program operates in conjunction with Prince George’s County School System’s calendar. When County schools are closed for full days, all childcare programs are also closed.
- For Prince George’s County residents only
- Completed health forms are mandatory for participation in this program
- Bus transportation is provided by Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS)
Child Care Programs
M-NCPPC, Department of Recreation offers a variety of recreation-focused Child Care programs, all licensed through the Maryland State Department of Education’s Office of Child Care. Every program hires quality-trained staff to ensure your children have a safe and secure place to learn and thrive in. We strive to ensure high-quality programming at affordable prices for all Prince George’s County residents.
Transportation is not provided to/from these programs (unless otherwise noted by the individual program) and parents are encouraged to drop off or go through PGCPS transportation to ensure children arrive to program on time.
All programs are first come; first serve, so we recommend registering ahead of time to ensure your spot in a program. Please look over our program offerings below and follow the links after each section to view available programs through Parks Direct.
Registration Process & Forms
- Review the payment information below to find the best payment option for your needs
- Select a Child Care program from our Parks Direct Child Care page.
- After selecting and registering for a Child Care program, fill out the necessary documents received from the registration site as well as below.
Program Payment & Installment Plans
You may pay in full or pay 10 installments due on the 1st of each month, plus a one-time, non-refundable registration fee. If choosing to pay in installments, you have the option to set up your account with automatic billing or can choose to pay online or in-person each month. The first payments are due in August, or at the time of registration, and continue monthly until May. Payments are due no later than the 10th of each month or a late fee of $35 will be assessed to the account. Continued delinquent payments could result in suspension or removal from the program.
For more information on how our installment payment plan works, please check out our Child Care Payment Schedule page.
Payment Assistance & Child Care Vouchers
For residents who qualify, these Child Care programs can offer payment assistance through the M-NCPPC Fee Assistance program, or through the Maryland Child Care Scholarship program. Please follow the links below for more information on availability and eligibility for these programs:
M-NCPPC/OCC Registration Forms
In addition to payments, programs require both M-NCPPC and Office of Childcare-mandated forms to be completed before children may enter the program. These forms will be given to you at the time of registration if on-site or can be downloaded below.
Please note, some of the registration forms will require a doctor or nurse practitioner’s signature and will require a physical or similar examination to complete. Incomplete forms cannot be accepted by program sites and will result in your child having to wait to start.