Patrons must have a PARKS DIRECT account in order to rent a field. Review the Become a PARKS DIRECT Customer page for more information about signing up.
If this is a first-time field rental, sign up for a PARKS DIRECT account now. This will make the process faster for field reservations. A 48 hours notice is required to schedule a field.
Fields are rented for games only – reservations are not allowed for practices. Time is needed to schedule the fields with the maintenance department, do not call the day before an event expecting to rent a field.
Per current policy, permits are issued under the following priority schedule
Any recreation program sponsored by the M-NCPPC including Recreation Councils, Franchise leagues, Prince George’s County Boys and Girls Club, Municipal leagues, and Prince George’s County Board of Education
Youth organizations including Church leagues, CYO leagues, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Clubs, YMCA, YWCA, organized youth leagues and Recreation Councils not affiliated with M-NCPPC.
All other organizations that have a majority of bi-county resident participation (Prince George’s County and Montgomery County).
The M-NCPPC Lighted Fields will be administered by the M-NCPPC Sports, Health and Wellness Youth & Countywide Sports Division for the purpose of scheduling the adult and youth recreation leagues and the Prince George’s County Boys and Girls Club leagues. Only organizations that schedule and administer bi-county-based leagues will be allowed the use of lighted fields.
Insurance Must Be Provided
- Proof of no less than a $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy and must list the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission as an additional insured and certificate holder
- The corporate address must also be listed as:
- 6611 Kenilworth Avenue, Riverdale, MD 20737
- Current rosters with complete addresses for each participant.
- Youth teams (only) must provide their game and practice schedules.
- Payment in full (where a fee is required).
Field Allocation Meetings
The Athletic Field Allocation meeting process is to let applicants know what fields they will have prior to their permits being issued. If there are multiple requests for the same field, the process is to amicably allocate the field usage. When processing permit applications, every effort is made to provide each qualifying organization with some field time.
- Baseball/Softball Allocations: mid-late February
- Spring Football/Soccer: mid-February
- Fall Football/Soccer: late July/early August