Billingsley Historic Site
About Billingsley House
Built around 1740, this Tidewater, plantation house from the colonial era is steeped in local history. Once owned by several leading families, Billingsley House is one of Prince George’s County’s earliest historic treasures. Only 20 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay, the brick house and land were named for Major John Billingsley – the original 1662 land grant owner.
Situated on 430 acres of parkland, the home provides a serene setting and a picture-perfect view of the Patuxent River. Wood floors lay an impressive foundation on each level throughout the residence. The house provides ample event space that is flexible to meet the needs of groups both large and small. A tented brick patio, two warming kitchens, two dressing rooms, a living room, a dining room, and a study will set the stage for a beautiful evening. Professional, courteous staff are on hand to help make the occasion a success.
- Indoor standing – 60
- Indoor sitting – 60
- Tented patio/lawn – 120
Billingsley House was substantially altered and modernized in both the 19th and 20th centuries. Billingsley features rooms furnished in period decor and is ideal for small intimate gatherings as well as business meetings. The house, grounds and tented patio are available for rental.
For fees, availability, or to view contracts, please call (301) 627-0730.
All visitors, guests, and vendors must enter the Billingsley property through the WSSC Treatment Facility which is located on Maude Savoy Brown Road (directions given below). A GPS or Mapquest should not be used to obtain directions, as you will be directed to use Green Landing Road, which is a private road.