Arts on a Roll Call for Teaching Artists
Hourly rate based on experience:
Lead Teaching Artist: $21-$35
Assistant Teaching Artist: $15-$20
Arts on a Roll is a mobile, on demand program within the Community Arts team of the Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County, MD. We are seeking enthusiastic artists and arts educators to lead classes, design workshops, develop curriculum, and assist at events for visual and performing arts programs. Our instructors represent a range of artistic backgrounds and varied levels of expertise, and we invite applicants with no prior teaching experience who can assist at classes and events, to skilled educators who can develop curriculum and lead programs.
As an Arts on a Roll Teaching Artist, you will interface with program participants of all ages at a variety of events, from individual client parties to Girls and Boys Scouts meetings, summer camps, after school programs, and county and city-wide festivals. You will collaborate with our roster of 20-25 teaching artists to provide high quality programming and prompt and courteous customer service, and to co-foster a respectful and inspiring work environment.
This is a flexible, gig-based position based on the needs of the program and the availability of our teaching artists. We seek candidates with a passion for the arts as well as community-based programming and civic engagement, and we provide opportunities for artistic collaboration, personal growth, and professional development.
- Enthusiasm for arts education and ability to work with students of all ages, backgrounds, and ability levels.
- Lead Teachers need a minimum of 1-year of experience teaching in the field of visual arts, music, theater, or dance, as well as strong classroom management and lesson planning skills.
- Weekend and evening availability.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive throughout Prince George’s County, MD and the greater Washington, DC area.
- Compliance with Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation employment requirements, including fingerprinting and background check
Questions? Contact Us!
Ready to Apply? Email your resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.