We are proud to offer exciting programs to enable our youth opportunities to learn golf and improve their skills. Learning the game of golf at an early age is much easier than when we are older and once you learn, it can be a lifelong hobby. The game of golf teaches us respect, patience, and concentration – skills we also need for the game of life.
Current programs include:
- First Tee of Greater Washington, DC
- PGA Jr. League
- Operation 36
To receive information about junior golf programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Add me to your junior golf mailing list.”
Golf on Social Media
Find out about upcoming programs, course maintenance and more on The Tee Box!
First Tee of Greater Washington, DC (Ages 7-18)
The First Tee started as a way to bring an affordable junior golf program to youth and communities that did not have them. What The First Tee soon discovered was that by blending the rules of the game with life and leadership skills, kids and teens didn’t just learn how to putt – they were learning important values.
The First Tee Mission: To impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
First Tee Registration
- To sign up for the First Tee of Greater Washington, DC, go to firstteedc.org
- To view available classes, visit the First Tee Class Schedule page.
- Click on LOG IN to join and then REGISTER by choosing one of the available classes located in Prince George’s County.
PGA Junior League
PGA Jr. League is changing the way golf is learned and played through its fun, team-oriented approach. Taught by professional golf instructors, players will participate in organized team practice sessions and matches held within the league.
- Practice session: once a week
- Team Match: Once a week
- Two-person Format
- Ages vary per league between 8-18
Learning to play golf can be an overwhelming and frustrating experience if you don’t have a clear plan! That is why Operation 36 provides beginners with the most effective developmental programs and technology to learn to play golf. Become a skilled golfer by following a motivating roadmap to shooting Par (36) or better for 9 holes! Spring and fall classes include on-course playing every week!
Learn and Develop Your Skills
- Small group classes are led by trained golf professionals designed to help you develop your skills.
- Fun, engaging classes that include games and training activities to help players improve.
- Coaches use the 6-level curriculum to help guide your long-term development.
- Learn with others of the same skill level in a supportive environment.
- Build friendships that will last a lifetime.