May 7, 2022
Doors open at 11 AM for light refreshments and vendors.
Kentland Community Center
2413 Pinebrook Road
Landover, MD 20785
The Power of She Empowerment Symposium
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Mental health challenges in children, adolescents, and young adults are real and widespread. Even before the pandemic, an alarming number of young girls struggled with feelings of helplessness, depression, and thoughts of suicide. The COVID-19 pandemic further altered their experiences at home, school, and in the community, and the effect on their mental health has been devastating.
This summit will empower, engage, and encourage teen girls while giving parents tools to embrace and understand their daughters as they embark on their adolescent journeys. Light lunch provided along with lunchtime STEAM activities.
- "My Beauty Is Enough" - Self-Esteem/Makeup workshop (all young ladies take away a gift)
- "I Am Not My Hair" - Understanding hair textures and styles
- "I Think He Loves Me" - Dating 101
- Identifying and Discussing Mental Health Challenges
- Internet Safety: Bullying and Sexting