Distinguished by Gothic Revival and Queen Anne decorative elements and ornamental shingles on its principal gable, Dorsey Chapel is a rare surviving example of this type of architecture in Prince George's County. The Chapel is situated on 2.5 acres of land and is available for rental for small weddings, christenings or other religious services.
Daily, year-round (except major holidays)
Maximum 50 people
|Friday-Sunday (3 hr. block-required)||$250|
|Monday-Thursday (2 hr. minimum)||$35/hour|
|Friday-Sunday (3 hr. block-required)||$325|
|Monday-Thursday (2 hr. minimum)||$46|
Complete the Elegant Settings Rental Application form and pay the non-refundable $50 deposit. Please note that proof of residency is required to receive the Prince George's/Montgomery County rental rate. Valid proof of residency includes a driver's license, utility bill, deed to a house, lease agreement, home owner's insurance or renter's insurance policy.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE & OPTIONS
The deposit must be made when the date is reserved. The remaining fee balance is due no later than 30 days before the event. Failure to pay remaining balance 30 days before the date will result in the cancellation of your event and forfeiture of fees paid. Payment can be made in the form of cashier's check or money order made payable to M-NCPPC, cash or by Visa or Master Card. Cash payments must be made in the exact amount as the facility does not carry change.
Notification of cancellation is required in writing and must be signed by the contract holder. If the contract holder cancels the event 30 days or more before the scheduled event date, all money paid will be refunded, less the cost of deposit. If the contract holder cancels event less than 30 days before the scheduled event date, all money will be forfeited.
The historic chapel and the adjacent auxiliary building are both ADA accessible. Restrooms are located in the auxiliary building.
Renter is responsible for all damages incurred.
RULES FOR USE
- Food or beverages are prohibited inside the chapel (a water fountain is located in the auxiliary building)
- Decorations should be affixed with pipe cleaners or ribbon. Tape, nails, tacks, or push-pins are prohibited inside or outside the chapel. Nothing may be hung on the walls or windows.
- Renters will be fined for any damages incurred.
- Excessive noise or amplified sound systems are not allowed inside or outside of the chapel. An upright piano is located onsite and is available for use. You may bring a small radio or an iPod docking station with speakers for ceremonial/service music in the chapel.
- An M-NCPPC staff member must be on-site for any viewing, set-up, rehearsal, or event
- All trash must be removed off site by the contract holder at the end of the event
Wax candles, with the exception of a unity candle for wedding ceremonies