Aquatics Employment Opportunities
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County has immediate openings for Lifeguards at the following aquatic facilities:
- Allentown Splash, Tennis, and Fitness Park – Fort Washington
- Ellen E. Linson Splash Park – College Park
- Glenn Dale Splash Park – Glenn Dale
- J. Franklyn Bourne – Capitol Heights
- North Barnaby Splash Park – Oxon Hill
- Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex – Landover
- Southern Regional Aquatic Wellness Center – Fort Washington
- Theresa Banks Memorial Aquatics Center - Glenarden
FREE Lifeguard Training is available for candidates who successfully complete/meet the following pre-employment requirements:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age to work for the Department.
- Complete an online application via this job posting. Click here to apply for a Lifeguard position.
- Attend an in-person hiring event on Tuesday, June 29th or Thursday, July 1st from 9:00am – 12:00pm at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex - 8001 Sheriff Rd, Landover, MD 20785
- PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATES ATTENDING THE IN-PERSON HIRING EVENT MUST ARRIVE PREPARED TO SWIM. PLEASE BRING SWIMWEAR, TOWEL, AND GOGGLES (IF NEEDED).
- Candidates can also interview with a Facility Manager at one of the hiring facilities listed above IF they are unable to attend the in-person hiring events.
- Complete the required American Red Cross Precourse Skills assessment which includes successfully demonstrating the below skills:
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs (hands placed across chest under armpits)
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards then surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Surface and swim 20 yards on back, with both hands holding the object.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Commit to working for the Department of Parks and Recreation at one of the hiring facilities listed above through September 6, 2021.
Once candidates complete/meet the pre-employment requirements, they will be assigned to an American Red Cross Lifeguarding course offered at one of our department aquatic facilities within 1-2 weeks of the hiring event/interview.
Looking for a fun and exciting job? Consider a position with the Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics team.
Find Lifeguard Training and other certification course information. M-NCPPC offers FREE* Lifeguard Training to prospective employees. Sign up for a Lifeguard Pre-Test today for only $10. M-NCPPC even offers Lifeguard Prep Swim Lessons for those who need to improve their swimming skills to help pass the Lifeguarding Pre-Test.
*If a participant takes a Department Lifeguarding class, does not pass, does not apply and/or get hired by M-NCPPC, they will have to pay the course fees.
Applicants must be 16 years of age to work for M-NCPPC. All you need to get started is a great work attitude and a completed Aquatics Employment Application. Search online for the positions listed below for which you are qualified. Please note that not all positions are advertised year-round.
M-NCPPC offers great benefits including: