Year Round Pool
7210 Allentown Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
301-449-5566, 301-449-5567; TTY 301-446-6802
- The indoor pool and spa will be closed from Sunday, August 17-Monday, September 1 for indoor pool maintenance.
- The indoor pool will re-open on Tuesday, September 2.
- During this period, the facility and the outdoor pool will remain open for all other activities.
This recently renovated and expanded year-round complex's indoor amenities include a new fitness room with cardio machines and weights; a multi-purpose room; lounge/game room; locker rooms; 6 lane, 25-yard pool; training pool; hot tub/spa; wet classrooms; and birthday party areas. This complex's outdoor amenities include a diving well; a family pool with slides and play features; children's pool; a picnic area; a basketball court; and six renovated tennis courts equipped with new lighting and fencing.
This facility offers swimming lessons, land and water fitness classes, certification courses, tennis programs, dance classes, camps and a variety of other sports, health and wellness programs.
Room rentals and indoor/outdoor birthday party packages are available by reservation.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you plan on spending many hours at the “new” Allentown Splash, Tennis and Fitness Park!
Tuesday, September 2 (rain date: Wednesday, September 3), 4-7 pm
Come bring your pal out to the pool for our 2nd Annual Doggie Dive-In! Dogs must be friendly, social, and curbed before entering pool. NOTE: Proof of up-to-date vaccinations must be presented before entry. Limit of 2 dogs per owner.
Fee: Resident $4/dog; Non-Resident $5/dog
Register online (click on the barcode): Residents #13721; Non-Residents #13722
Courses & Programs
Click on the links to the right to view and register for courses and programs.
SAGE Water Exercise
The Prince George’s Community College SAGE (Seasoned Adults Growing Educationally) Program returns to the Allentown Splash, Tennis, and Fitness Park.
The College will once again offer “Therapeutic Aquatic Exercise” classes for seniors (ages 60+). This course is designed to provide both therapeutic aquatic exercise and swimming instruction. Each session includes water exercise and/or beginning, intermediate, or advanced swimming instruction. Students must supply their own towel. The registration fee for this program is $50/person.
Participants cannot register for this program at Allentown or any other department facility. Visit Prince George's Community College website for more information or call 301-322-0787.
Summer Schedule (effective May 24 through September 1, 2014)
Allentown Splash, Tennis, and Fitness Park (Outdoor Pool) will be open 7 days a week June 15-August 22 and weekends ONLY August 23-September 1.
Allentown Splash, Tennis, and Fitness Park's Indoor Pool and Spa will be closed Sunday, August 17-Monday, September 1 for indoor pool maintenance. The pool will re-open on Tuesday, September 2. During this period, the facility and the outdoor pool will remain open for all other activities.
- General Swim (facility open for public swimming), lap lanes, open area & training pool are available.
- Adult Swim, lap lanes and open area available to 18 & up.
- Lap Swim, lap swim in lap lanes only.
- Family Swim, Re-entry fee required, open area & training pool are available.
(times subject to change without notice)
* Pools are cleared 15 minutes prior to closing time.
Admission Fees and Passes
Additional passes are available for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year, please contact this facility for offerings and prices.
- Proof of residency and identification are required.
- Everyone entering the facility must pay admission fees.
- Children, 11 years old and under, must be accompanied by a paying adult who is responsible for their supervision at poolside.
- Children, 5 years old and under, in the water must be within arm’s reach and directly supervised by a responsible adult in appropriate swim attire.
- Poolside supervision is acceptable at wading/baby pools ONLY.
- Children 12-17 must have a SMARTlink ID and parental consent to be at the facility unattended.
- If you leave the facility you must pay to re-enter.
- Following unscheduled pool closures (i.e. fecal contamination, inclement weather, mechanical problems), re-entry passes will be issues to patrons providing receipts of entry to the pool within the last hour.
***Fitness Room is for patrons 16 and older. Youth 16-17 must be accompanied by an Adult in the Fitness Room. Children under 16 will not be admitted in the Fitness Room).
Birthday Party Packages
This facility offers an indoor party room, a outdoor gazebo, outdoor party tent and 3 outdoor Funbrella shade structures for birthday party rentals for children ages 3 -12 years old. Pool birthday parties consist of 3 hours in the rental area and unlimited swimming in the pool. Food and non-alcoholic beverages in plastic containers may be brought in. (Refrigerator, freezer and/or ice is not available.)
You must have a SMARTlink account in order to reserve a birthday party with the child’s name added on the account that the birthday party is being held for. (Please click here to see acceptable proof of residency and identity.) All reservations must be made and paid in full in person; please call the facility for reservation registration hours.
Indoor Parties are offered only on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 PM-3 PM or 3:30 PM-6:30 PM year round.
Outdoor Parties are offered only on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon-3 pm or 3:30-6:30 pm Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day Weekend.
GENERAL PARTY RULES AND INFORMATION
- Pictures are restricted to your party area and can only be taken of individuals in attendance of your party. Video is strictly prohibited.
- Grills, BBQs and other cooking devices are prohibited.
- Costume characters, clowns, performers, DJs, etc. are prohibited.
- Balloons are only permitted in reserved area.
- Failure to leave your location free of debris, food, decorations and trash will be charged an additional cleaning fee of $50.
- Your birthday party list is due to the facility 48 hours in advance of your party rental date. If additional guests are listed then you must come in person to secure the rental.
- NOTE: Due to higher bather loads and demand for access to the pools during the summer season, admission for additional guests, beyond those included in the birthday party package, cannot be guaranteed. In the event the pool has reached capacity, additional guests may not be honored. Additional guests are subject to paying the general admission fees for entry to the facility
- All reservations are subject to the Inclement Weather Policy.
- Upon completion of the reservation, a list of party rules and regulations will be issued (i.e. no lighted candles, balloons, glass containers, and cameras on pool deck during Splash Park parties).
- Facility Management reserves the right to revise and/or establish additional rules and regulations at anytime in the interest of the health and safety of our patrons & staff. All facility rules & regulations will be enforced.
- Refer to your contract for cancellation details.
Located in Fort Washington, Maryland, near the intersection of Temple Hill and Allentown Roads. Accessible by Metro bus. From the Capital Beltway (I-495) South, toward Richmond, Virginia, take Exit 7 South (Branch Avenue - Route 5) toward Waldorf. Proceed for 1/2 mile and make a right onto Allentown Road. Stay on Allentown Road for 3-4 miles. Cross through intersection of Temple Hill and Allentown Roads. Facility is on the left.
Need a Ride?
Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)