Central Area Trips & Excursions
- The Central Area Trips Program offers two convenient locations to meet the bus: Lake Arbor Community Center, 10100 Lake Arbor Way, Mitchellville and Bowie Community Center, 3209 Stonybrook Drive, Bowie.
- Trips are self-sustaining; therefore, refunds for trips can be made only if your place is filled or the trip is cancelled. Medical reasons cannot be used for refunds unless your spot is filled. The Central Area Trip Coordinator must approve all refunds.
- Trips depend on sufficient registration; specific registration deadlines may apply.
- Registration for fall trips begins Monday, August 12 for Prince George's County residents, and Monday, August 19 for all others.
- Registration for winter trips begins Tuesday, November 12 for Prince George's County residents, and Monday, November 18 for all others.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21
Odessa, Delaware Tour & Make-a-Wreath Workshop
DEPARTS: 8 AM; RETURNS 7 PM
Spend the morning touring the historical district known as Odessa in Delaware. Learn about the history and tour the many historical sites along Main Street. Lunch will be served at Cantwell’s Tavern, located in the historic Brick Hotel. The afternoon travels will take us to Sinking Springs Herb Farm in nearby Elkton to attend a wreath making class where you will create your own wreath. An afternoon tea will be hosted here during our visit. Fee includes transportation, historic Odessa tour, lunch, wreath making workshop and afternoon tea.
Resident $115; Non-Resident $138
Ages 18 & up
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4
Buck’s County, Pa: Holiday Highlights at Peddlers’ Village
DEPARTS: 7 AM; RETURNS 9:30 PM
Celebrate the wonders of the season with a day at Peddler’s Village in Buck’s County. First stop is Byers Choice, home of America’s beloved handcrafted Carolers figurines. Watch artisans at work, and view a video on the art of making these holiday favorites. Next, we’re off to Peddler’s Village to explore 65 unique shops, landscaped gardens and brick walkways all in holiday décor. Enjoy lunch at one of the restaurants in the village. Spend the afternoon tasting wine from Chaddsford Winery offering samplings of several wines and a souvenir glass. Then, we’ll view the more than 2 million holiday lights that illuminate the village at dark! Fee includes transportation, visit to Byers Choice, lunch and wine tasting.
Resident $95; Non-Resident $114
Ages 21 & up
Trip is Full!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13
Radio City Christmas Spectacular
DEPARTS: 7 AM; RETURNS 11:30 PM
The holiday tradition continues with a trip to New York City for the always dazzling performance of the Christmas Spectacular. We’ll have lunch at Oscars in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Hotel showcasing its holiday décor. Afterwards, take a unique behind the scenes guided tour of this historic hotel. Spend time shopping or taking in the holiday sights in and around Rockefeller Center before taking your seat at Radio City Music Hall for the 4 pm performance. Note: This day involves walking during the hotel tour in addition to walking to the theatre for the show. Fee includes transportation, lunch, guided hotel tour and orchestra seating.
Resident $195; Non-Resident $234
Ages 18 & up
Click. Pick. Play.
Register for a class, camp,
trip or program.