Outdoor Tennis Courts
Outdoor Tennis Court Information and Regulations
Tennis courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and available at many community centers and neighborhood parks. M-NCPPC programs have priority over all use.
Use the Find a Park feature to locate tennis courts.
Outdoor Tennis Court Permits/Reservations:
Locations with three (3) or more courts can be reserved for use by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301-446-6800.
You MUST have a SMARTLink account in order to reserve tennis courts. Review the Become a SMARTlink Customer page for more information about signing up. If you have never reserved a court before, it would benefit you to sign up for a SMARTlink account now. This will make the process faster for tennis court reservations.
If courts are permitted, one court will always be non-permitted for walk-up use by the public.
The following locations have three or more courts:
- Allentown Splash Tennis and Fitness Park, Ft. Washington (6 courts)
- Cosca Regional Park Outdoor Courts, Clinton (6 courts)
- Vera Cope Weinbach Courts, New Carrollton (6 courts)
- Tucker Road Athletic Complex, Ft. Washington (4 courts)
- Watkins Regional Park Outdoor Courts, Upper Marlboro (4 courts)
- Fox Hill Park, Bowie (4 courts)
- Kings Grant Community Park, Upper Marlboro (4 courts)
Permits will be issued upon availability for:
- M-NCPPC classes/events
- NJTL/QuickStart programs
- Sanctioned USTA match play
- Prince George’s/Montgomery County Board of Education curriculum and sports programs
- Private schools and other organized tennis entities
- Recreation Councils
Outdoor Tennis Court Rules
- Non-permitted play is limited to 1 hour for singles and 2 hours for doubles play when others are waiting
- Play begins on the hour and ends on the hour.
- Permit holders are entitled to use tennis courts on dates and times specified in the permit.
- Non-M-NCPPC tennis classes or private/group lessons without permit and/or involving the collection of fees are prohibited
- Solicitation of any business, trade or occupation is strictly prohibited unless authorized by a permit. This including, but not limited to: conducting class instruction for a fee and the taking of photographs and/or videos for commercial use, selling tennis services or products.
- Organized group activity is prohibited without a permit and violators will be subject to removal or fine by Park Police. This includes activity that is more than doubles play.
- All players must wear rubber–soled tennis shoes. Rubber cleats and raised heel shoes are prohibited
- No food, alcoholic beverages, or glass in court area
- No pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, roller skates or street hockey are allowed on tennis courts or any other non-tennis activity.
- Violators of these rules should be reported to the Park Police by calling 301-459-3232.
- To request maintenance attention to a tennis court, or other park facilities please submit our maintenance request form online or contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-CALL (2255) during regular business hours.