Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies
ATTENTION: All returning military service veterans
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) recognizes the challenges faced by veterans returning home with a disability. To help meet your wellness needs, the Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation has a unique program, Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies, free-of-charge to qualified veterans.
Are you Eligible?
Veterans who are eligible have:
- Served during military conflict between 2000-present
- 10% or more service-related disability
- Honorable discharge
Veterans accepted into the Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies Program will receive…
Start dates and training session duration will be tailored to meet the needs of each participant. An initial consultation with M-NCPPC staff is required to help determine whether this program is right for you.
- 15 personal training sessions with a certified trainer experienced in post-rehabilitation exercise
- a one-year fitness membership to the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex (Landover, MD) plus a one-year membership for a spouse, partner or friend
- invitations to optional social events.
For more information, call 301-446-3400, TTY 301-699-2544.
If you are interested in learning more about the Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies fitness initiative for returning military veterans with disabilities, or are interested in participating in the program, please complete this online Interest Form and an M-NCPPC staff will contact you.