J. Franklyn Bourne Memorial Pool
6500 Calmos Street (Dateleaf Ave)
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743
301-350-4422 (summer), 301-583-2572 (fall-spring); TTY 301-699-2544
J. Franklyn Bourne Memorial Pool is closed for the season and will re-open during the 2016 Memorial Day weekend. Please visit this website in May 2016 for updated information.
This facility is dedicated to the memory of the Honorable James Franklyn Bourne, Jr. Judge Bourne was one of the original judges of District 5, the District Court for Prince George’s County, and the first African-American judge to serve on that court.
This seasonal, outdoor facility’s amenities include a 50-meter pool, 25 yard lap lanes, water slide, children's wading pool and shower/changing facilities. This facility offers American Red Cross swimming lessons and birthday packages that are available by reservation.
Courses & Activities
View this facility's classes and activities.
FREE Swimming for Youth and Teens
Enjoy FREE swimming for ages 6-17 on Fridays and Saturdays, June 26-September 5, 2015, from 4 pm-closing at M-NCPPC pools throughout the county. Just drop by a pool with your FREE, M-NCPPC Youth ID card. Parental supervision required for youth ages 11 and under.
This pool will be open from May 23, 2015 - September 7, 2015.
- Weekends ONLY: May 23-June 23 (Memorial Day Weekend outdoor pools will be open Saturday, Sunday, and Monday).
- Normal operating hours 7 days a week from June 24-August 24
- Weekends ONLY: August 25-September 7 (Labor Day Weekend outdoor pools will be open Saturday, Sunday, and Monday; see facility webpages for hours of operation).
*NOTE: Pools are cleared 15 minutes PRIOR to closing.
Admission Fees & Passes
- Proof of residency and identification are required.
- Everyone entering the facility must pay admission fees.
- Children, 11 years old and under, must be accompanied by a paying adult who is responsible for their supervision at poolside.
- Children, 5 years old and under in the water must be within arm’s reach and directly supervised by a responsible adult in appropriate swim attire.
- Poolside supervision is acceptable at wading/baby pools ONLY.
- Children 12-17 must have a SMARTlink ID and parental consent to be at the facility unattended.
- If you leave the facility you must pay to re-enter.
- Following unscheduled pool closures (i.e. fecal contamination, inclement weather, mechanical problems), re-entry passes will be issued to patrons providing receipts of entry to the pool within the last hour.
- Adults and children must be on the same SMARTlink account.
Birthday Party Packages
View information about this facility's Birthday Party Packages
Located in Seat Pleasant, Maryland and accessible by Metro on the Blue Line, Addison Road Station.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Central Avenue (MD-214) toward Washington, D.C. Make a right onto Cindy Lane. Make a left onto Calmos Street, continue onto Dateleaf Ave. The pool entrance is located in a brick building on the left.
From Landover/Lanham, take Martin Luther King, Jr. Highway to Hill Road. Make a left onto Hill Road. Make a right onto Seat Pleasant Drive. Make a left onto Dateleaf Street. Follow Dateleaf through two signs. The pool entrance is located in a brick building on the right.
Need a Ride?
Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)