The Department of Parks and Recreation welcomes groups to M-NCPPC aquatic facilities during the summer.
Parties of 10 or more visitors are considered groups; they require advance reservations at the facility of interest.
Please review the guidelines below to help ensure a smooth reservation process and safe visit to our aquatic facilities:
- Group requests must be submitted using the Group/Camp Reservation Request Form and returned to the hosting facility beginning March 15 and at least 48 hours prior to the date of the requested visit.
- Group requests are not confirmed until the hosting facility has provided the group with written confirmation via fax, mail, or e-mail with a rental number.
- Group/Camp Pool Reservation Request Form (Available April 2017)
(You must have Adobe Reader to read this file)
- For summer reservations, group requests will be accepted March 15. Requests are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Summer group requests will not be accepted prior to March 15. Please do not fax/email your requests prior to March 15.
- Groups must have a SMARTlink account. To open a SMARTlink account, the group/organization name, address, telephone number, and group contact information must be provided at the time of reservation. This information must be submitted using the official Group/Camp Reservation Form or your company/organizational letterhead.
- All visiting groups making reservations must adhere to applicable Maryland state laws and regulations concerning supervisors and the ratio of supervisors-to-children. For example, Maryland state law generally defines a counselor as someone 18 years or older and sets forth supervisor-to-child ratios of:
- 1:10 – 1 supervisor/counselor for every 10 children for groups with children ages 6 and older.
- 1:8 – 1 supervisor/counselor for every 8 children for groups with children 5 years old or younger. If any member of the group is 5 years old or younger, the 1:8 supervision ratio applies.
- Groups meeting these supervision ratios will be offered discounted admission fees for their supervisors/counselors (please see the Group/Camp Reservation Fees below for more information).
- Supervisors/counselors must remain with the children in the group at poolside or in the pool.
- Children must be supervised throughout the facility including lobby areas, locker rooms, grass/patio areas, snack bars, and pool and deck areas.
PLEASE NOTE: If pool management determines that any child within a visiting group is not being actively supervised, the group may be subject to removal from the facility and termination of future reservations. No refunds will be issued.
- Groups are responsible for providing adequate additional supervision for children with disabilities or special needs. Groups that have children with special needs must notify the facility at the time of reservation or prior to arriving on scheduled date.
Group/Camp Reservation Fees
Resident vs. Non-Resident group fee determination is based on the location of the sponsoring group/organization, not individuals supervising or within the group.
Groups meeting the above supervision ratios will be offered discounted admission fees for supervisors/counselors. Additional adults within the group are subject to the above admission fees.
Example: A group of 30 children 6 years of age and older would receive 3 FREE supervisor/counselor admissions (1:10). A group of 30 with children ages 5 years old or younger would receive 4 FREE supervisor/counselor admissions (1:8).
Note: FREE supervisor/counselor admissions will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10.
Example: A group of 31 children 6 years of age and older would receive 4 FREE supervisor/counselor admissions (1:10). A group of 31 including children ages 5 years old or younger would receive 4 FREE supervisor/counselor admissions (1:8).