Looking for a fun and exciting job? Consider a position with the Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics team.
Positions available include Lifeguards, Pool Managers, Shallow Water Lifeguards, Swim Lesson Aides, Swim Coaches, Water Fitness Instructors, Water Safety Instructors, Custodians, Customer Service Representatives.
Applicants must be 16 years of age to work for M-NCPPC.
Come prepared: Click here to apply in advance.
Step 1 Get Certified!
Click on the Classes & Programs Quicklink to the right to find Lifeguard Training and other certification course offerings and register online through SMARTlink.
Step 2 Apply To get hired!
All you need to get started is a great work attitude and a completed Aquatics Employment Application. To apply, click HERE and search for the positions listed below that you are qualified to apply for. (Please note that not all positions are advertised year-round.)
- Lifeguard – positions start at $10.80/hour
- Shallow Water Lifeguard (Glenn Dale Splash Park/summer only) – positions start at $10.75/hour a
- Swim Lesson Instructor – earn up to $17.06/hour
- Swim Lesson Aide – earn up to $13.40/hour
- Swim Coach-earn up to $26.00/hour
- Assistant Pool Manager (Must be at least 18 years of age) – earn up to $14.82/hour
- Pool Manager (Must be at least 21 years of age)– earn up to $17.06/hour
- Water Fitness Instructor (salary will depend on certification and experience)
- Adapted Aquatics Swim Lesson Instructor - earn up to $17.06/hour
- Adapted Aquatics Swim Lesson Aide - earn up to $13.40/hour
- Cashier/Customer Service Representative – earn up to $11.04/hour
Aquatic training and certification classes are available through M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation.
New employees who successfully complete an M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation sponsored American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification course must pay the full cost of course but will be eligible for a partial refund of a $100.00 if hired by the M-NCPPC.
New employees must work two (2) pay periods and request the refund to their Aquatic Facility Manager within 6 months following completion of training to be eligible for the refund (applies to department-run courses only).
New employees must work two (2) pay periods within 6 months following completion of training to be eligible for the refund (applies to department-run courses only).
M-NCPPC even offers Lifeguard Prep Swim Lessons for those who need more time to improve their swimming skills.
M-NCPPC offers great benefits, including free uniforms, paid training, fitness programs, flexible schedules, on-site supervisors and year-round jobs and promotions.
Indoor pools offering year-round employment and classes:
|Allentown Splash, Tennis and Fitness Park
|Fairland Aquatics Center
|Rollingcrest-Chillum Splash Pool
|Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex
|Theresa Banks Memorial Aquatics Center
Summer pools offering seasonal employment opportunities:
|Ellen E. Linson Swimming Pool
|Glenn Dale Splash Park
|Hamilton Splash Park
|J. Franklyn Bourne Pool
|Lane Manor Splash Park
|North Barnaby Splash Park
For more information, call an M-NCPPC indoor pool.