Vendors & Exhibitors
2013 Vendors (information subject to change)
- Firedance Artisans
- Cosmic Medium
- Montpelier Resident Artists
- Barbara Glickman
- Elements of Nature
- Mystic Water Soap
- Remedies from Nature
- Earth's Essense
- Distinctive Fabrications
- Divine Designs
- Laurel & Anastasia
- Raising the Fashion Barr
Home and Garden:
- Bees by the Bay
- Cottage Romance
- Global Glow Lighting
- Lb Elite Giftware
- Long Fence and Home
- Wine Bottle Art
- McDaniel Honey Farm
Jewelry & Gifts:
- Exento Fashions
- Ishta Arts
- Kimpressions Designs
- Laura Moore Designs
- Michelle Ink Designs
- Mystic Lines
- NJB Basket of Jewels
- It's a Basket Kase
Plants & Herbs:
- God Scent Herbs
- Jack Creek Plants
- Lavender Patch & Blueberry Gardens
- Melwood Horticultural Center
- Richfield Farm
- Castle Creek
- West Indian-American Kite Association
- Gordo's - Marionettes & Puppets
- Aza’s Delights
- Canela Bakery
- Country Concessions
- I Heart You
- Shamrock Pies
Tea Service in the East Wing Tea Room
An afternoon tea sampler will be served by the Tea Trolley on the hour, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. $13/person. Purchase tea tickets (while supplies last) online starting April 15. A limited number of tickets will also be available at the festival. Click for details .
On the Grounds
Celebrate Montpelier's beautiful grounds with these fun outdoor activities:
- Blast-in-the-Past: A Hands-On History Playground - kids of all ages can pretend they lived in 18th century Maryland by becoming a frontiersperson, tradesperson, farmer, and more.
- Visit the live animal exhibit with Watkins Nature Center.
- Make a kite or bring your own! Fly kites, see kite flying demos, and giant kites on display with the West Indian-American Kite Association
- Guided nature walks - see schedule, below.
- Sketch and paint with the Laurel Art Guild.
- Paint the giant bluebird with the Montpelier Arts Center.
- Paint a picture, make a sun print, make paper flowers and origami at the Art Tent.
2013 Schedule of Talks, Workshops, Guided Walks
|Guided nature walk through Montpelier's little-known wooded trail with Timothy Wasserman. Meet at Lecture Tent.
||The basics of aromatherapy with Eric Sumwalt of Earth's Essence. Lecture Tent.
||Balloon Twister. Art Tent.
||Arts-on-a-Roll Van: Collage and T-shirt Workshop. Art Tent.
|Noon - 1pm
||Medicinal Plant Walk with Dr. Andrew Pengelly, Director of the Maryland University of Integrative Health. Meet at Lecture Tent.
||Tips for successful vegetable gardening with the Prince George's County Master Gardeners. Lecture Tent.
|1-2pm (also 10-11am)
||Guided nature walk through Montpelier's little-known wooded trail with Timothy Wasserman. Meet at Lecture Tent.
|Growing herbs from seed with the Montgomery County Master Gardeners. Lecture Tent.
||"A Festival of Song." Arias by Puccini, Broadway show tunes, spirituals, Gershwin and more, performed by Pamela Simsonson. Montpelier Arts Center.
||Magician. Art Tent.
||Lecture and book signing with Barbara Glickman, author of "Capital Splendor: The Gardens and Parks of Washington D.C." Montpelier Arts Center.
- Basket Bunch from Patuxent River Park
- Chesapeake Woodturners
- Friends of Montpelier
- Laurel Art Guild
- Montpelier Resident Artists
- Prince George’s County History Consortium
- Prince George’s County Master Gardeners
- Prince George’s Herb Society
- Patuxent Research Refuge
- Watkins Nature Center Animal Display
- Williams Life Center
Thank you to our Sponsors: